A whole new world....

It has been awhile since my last blog for a couple of reasons...A) I couldnt think of anything to yap about and B) the baby leaves me very little time for such things! 

But....

there has been some big changes and wanted to share!

I found a new job working at another veterinary clinic here in Dayton.  It is a lot of fun being a receptionist.  I actually like dealing with the public (most days) and can usually laugh it off when they are severely on my nerves!  It has been very hectic dealing with work, school, homelife, cleaning and of course baby!  Besides being deprived of sleep, I actually thrive on being super busy.  I love being super woman and showing myself what I am capable of. 

Now back to talking about my baby! I could talk about him all day long but I am sure nobody wants to hear about it!  I get tired of others talking about their babies because then I cant talk about mine! lol  But he is getting so big!  He grabs toys all by himself, just loves looking around at the world and taking it all in, and loves sucking and chewing on his fingers (but hates a pacifier!).  I would not necessarily call him a "happy baby" the way I would describe him is melancholy lol...His personality seems very similar to mine.  He seems pretty introverted, very content with just hanging out with himself...deep in thought most of the time.  He gets pretty cranky pretty often.  He can never quite decide what it is that he wants...(hmm..who does that sound like??! lol) 

Gosh...Isnt he gorgeous?!  I wish I could spend every waking minute with him...but then again, Id probably go nuts! 

Oh ya...I forgot the point of this post...geesh...parenthood has made my brain mush!

I wanted to talk about how sensitive I have been since becoming a mom.  Since I work at a veterinary clinic, I unfortunately get to be present at many animals deaths.  It is a part of life, and regardless of which side of the euthanasia debate you are on, it is something that is done.  I have always had no problem with it.  I used to hold for many many euthanasias at Suburban when I worked there and although it was hard, it never really upset me...So the other day, I held for one, it was a very sick Beagle who was very old.  I cried so hard for that dog.  Also, on the same day I read the "Rainbow Bridge" poem (look it up if youve never read it).  I have read it a hundred times but on this day tears were streaming down my face...I didnt want to look like a big sissy, so I had to put it down!  I talked about it with some girls at work and they all assured me it was a normal part of being a parent.  That is just what happens.  I wonder though if its the hormones or just natures way of making sure we feel empathy for those that cant care for themselves.  Either way...it stinks. 

But goodness I love that little boy!!!!!!

Comments

  1. nice, have tried before but can finally comment! thanks for sharing. checked out the Rainbow Bridge" poem - special. get some sleep super woman :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gracie bio

Extreme couponer....in training